Your privacy is important to us. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. Personal data refers to any information or expression of opinion that may allow an individual to be identified, for example, their name, address, gender etc. The term data refers to any digital, automated data or manual information gathered by a company.
We have put together the following guidelines to let you know how we hold and use the personal information you may provide to us directly or through our website. It is important that you read this policy together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you were fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This policy supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Intelligent Car Leasing Limited are a data controller where you have direct dealings with us. Intelligent Car Leasing Limited may also act as a data processor where you have been introduced to us by another third-party. We take our obligation to comply with UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and any other Data Protection Legislation very seriously. Should you have any questions regarding how we use your personal data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT WE COLLECT AND WHAT WE USE IT FOR
We will only ever ask you for personal data when it is needed for any services you have enquired about or asked us to provide, or for participation in other activities in which you are taking part on the website or to respond to your requests for information such as:
- Posting comments on a news articles or blog posts
- Filling out forms on our website
- Subscribing to our newsletter or marketing
- Contacting us by phone, email, SMS text messaging or social media to avail of our services, request more information or make a complaint.
Personal data will generally only be collected directly from you. However, sometimes we may collect your personal data from another person, for instance, a fleet manager, where the nature of your business with us necessitates this or if you are using our fleet management software. We do not collect any sensitive data, except where a physical or mental health vulnerability is disclosed directly to us during the process of an order.
We also receive and record information by tracking user traffic patterns throughout our pages to maintain a record of the movements of visitors to our site such as the page visited and the information, activity or service requested. If you send us e-mail, we will also retain the content of your e-mail and your e-mail address to respond to your message and handle any follow up. We use this information to customise the content you see on our pages,
If you contact us through our website, we will retain the content of your e-mail, any contact details provided, and your e-mail address to respond to your message and handle any follow up. If you contact us via phone, your phone call may be recorded.
Your data will be used to;
- process orders and fulfil any contractual obligations with you that arise from those orders
- send you ongoing contract communications, critical in-life contract services, notifications, and any other important information about products and services you may request from us
- communicate fleet management services
- send marketing communications which you may unsubscribe from at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or OPTOUT on our SMS messages.
- Provide customer service and assistance where necessary
- Notify you about changes to our service
We process your data on the basis of legitimate interest as it is necessary for us to be able to communicate with you and fulfil our contractual obligations with you in the offering of our services.How Is Personal Data Stored At Intelligent Car Leasing?
Intelligent Car Leasing have existing physical, technical and organisational systems in place to ensure the safeguarding of personal client data. Personal data in physical and digital formats is stored in data centre locations within the UK and the Republic of Ireland. Personal data stored in marketing software platforms or email archives may be stored in EU or US locations, however these are compliant with UK GDPR and Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) frameworks. Intelligent Car Leasing have adopted strict confidentiality and data protection policies in relation to your data which all staff must adhere to and acknowledge annually.
Your data will be stored in line with our data retention policy or until you request the deletion of your data. In some cases we will be bound by legal and tax regulations and will be unable to delete this personal data until the required period of time has passed.
Personal data you provide is generally stored either for the duration of your contract with us or for 7 years in order to comply with HMRC requirements or in the event of an Ombudsman complaint. Information such as bank statements or bank details are removed as soon as we no longer have a need for these. Your personal data will be removed from our marketing database within one week if you decide to unsubscribe from this service.
There are times when we require to share the personal information we learn from you with other parties. However, the information we hold on our clients is an important part of our business and it is not our business to sell or rent this information to others. We may however share personally identifiable information about our clients in the following situations:
- To communicate to selected third parties or suppliers in order to process your order or fulfil our contractual obligations with you, for example, to our select panel of finance lenders or approved dealerships. Intelligent Car Leasing aim to ensure that these third parties have sufficient data security measures in place when handling your data, and our monitoring of these measures will be enhanced according to our UK GDPR plan
- When you sign up to our newsletter, your information will be stored on the servers of our marketing platform supplier.
We use other companies and individuals to perform functions in certain situations on our behalf such as:
- Posting comments on a news article or blog post
- Signing up to our newsletter
- Exchanging emails with you using a Microsoft platform
- Sending SMS notifications
- Taking payments via the WorldPay platform