Be part of a team.
Here's a few questions for you....
Would you like to work in an environment that nurtures and supports people? Where saying we're flexible actually means a healthy flexible work and home life balance, where you'd be able to work 2 days from home and enjoy the benefits of flexi-time as well?
How about a benefits package which can include free parking or private dental care, duvet days, and birthday day off?
If you're attracted to working in that type of distinctive and flexible culture, then joining Intelligent Car Leasing might be the right move for you.
Our business has been recognised within the UK’s Great Place to Work list on 9 consecutive years as well as this year achieving Platinum status with Investors in People. We don’t rest on our laurels and allow employee welfare and wellbeing to take a back seat! Rest assured, we are always looking to improve and allow our people to develop and hopefully stay with us to build a long term career.
Working with us, you will be able to enjoy a flexible working pattern of 2 days working from home and 3 in the office, so you can have a better balance of working and combining your personal commitments. We have found that our people have settled into being able to work from home really well over the course of the last year and because of this we don't want to squander the opportunity to enhance people's work and life balance.
It’s a sales environment but one with the right support from the team in place to enable an engaged, enthusiastic person to succeed in the role.
What's the overall aim?
To provide administrative support to the sales team and ensure excellent levels of service for customers.
What will I be doing day to day?
- Various administrative duties for dedicated members of the sales team. In particular:
- Producing quotes from various online quoting systems.
- Calculating the on the road price (OTR) of vehicles.
- Liaising with the supplying dealer to obtain availability and confirm the OTR price.
- Entering new orders on to our online procurement system.
- Dealing with ad hoc queries from customers and or the sales team, and provide information as required.
- Supporting sales staff by developing an interest in orders, incoming calls and general business.
- Communicate professionally with sales staff and all external parties.
- Work in conjunction with the department manager to monitor and maintain set business income and units.
- Maximise opportunities to enhance profit margin.
- Providing support to other members of the department where required.
- Meet compliance obligations and abide to TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) obligations.
What skills will I need to succeed?
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload, with support of course from your Line Manager, and your colleagues if needed.
- As you will be in regular contact with customers, and your team across the business, then it's important you are able to communicate with both internal and external people - this could be face to face, via email, Teams (or Zoom) or on the phone.
- Attention to detail is a core part of the role and to ensure we have a smooth sales process, is essential.
- There are systems to navigate, both our own internal system and some 3rd party funder systems too, as well as using Microsoft products such as Office, Word, Outlook, Excel - therefore a level of competence in these areas would be desirable.
If you're interested in joining our team, email us your CV and a covering letter.
Alternatively, you can email a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com